It doesn’t matter if you’ve won a Pulitzer, Pushcart, Booker or a James Beard award—whether you’re published or unpublished, the playing field at Freerange is a level one . . . or maybe it’s more like a peaceful pasture. Freerange Nonfiction believes that everyone has a unique and valuable story that deserves to be heard.
Submission Guidelines for unpublished work
- Submissions can be sent to submissions (at) freerangenonfiction (dot) com
- We do not pay for stories.
- The submissions for our shows should be 1500 words or fewer (length has no bearing on acceptance!). Submissions for Freshly Hatched (our online publication) should be 3,000 words or fewer.
- The subject of your email should be “SUBMISSION” + the title of your submission + your last name.
- Please double space and number pages and send in a Microsoft Word 2003-compatible (.rtf, .doc) or OpenDocument (.odt) format. We are unable to read files with the extension “.docx”.
- Please include contact information and a short bio.
- We reserve the right to publish your submission on our website (at Freshly Hatched). Rights will revert to author after publication on our site/reading at the performance. Subsequent publishers should credit us for first appearance.