Freerange FineTuning is a specialized writing and editing service for the needs of writers, scholars and storytellers.
We offer industry standard rates for proofreading and editing, but unlike other editing services, we tailor our services to your individual writing needs. Once you get in touch with us, we will ask for a sample page of your writing, and establish a deadline and rate. For writers interested in a project rate, we will not only correct your errors, but can work with you over time to develop as a writer.
“The manuscript assessment for my unpublished novel was prompt, helpful, educational, witty, and professional. My editor’s comments ranged from detailed advice on pacing, character, plot, structure, dialogue, theme, to recommended works of literature. I’m inspired to revise my novel and send it to an agent soon!” — published author Heather Kristin,
FineTuning provides support for your writing needs in areas like, but not limited to:
- ESSAYS: STRUCTURING & EDITING
- CREATIVE WRITING & GENERAL WRITING ASSISTANCE
- MAGAZINE PITCHES
- QUERIES TO LITERARY AGENTS
- PERSONAL STATEMENTS FOR COLLEGE & GRAD SCHOOL
- COPY EDITING & PROOFREADING
- HELP WITH TOEFL, SAT, LSAT, GMAT, GRE, PSAT (verbal and grammar portions)
- COVER LETTERS & RESUME-HELP
- FELLOWSHIP & GRANT APPLICATIONS
- THESIS PROPOSALS & COURSE PAPERS
- LETTERS OF INTENT AND CVs
We work in all facets of the writing process, including:
- STYLE & WORD CHOICE
- STRUCTURE & COHERENCY
- SPECIALIZED SERVICES FOR NON-NATIVE WRITERS OF ENGLISH
Interested, or want to learn more? Contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the word Freerange FineTune in the subject line.
1.5 cents a word. One of our proofreaders will correct your use of articles, grammatical mistakes, comma use, subject-verb agreement, spelling, punctuation, citations and reference list, typographical errors, and other common errors. We guarantee a 24-hour turn around for every 2,500 words you submit.
3.5 cents a word. A consultant will proofread your work AND provide feedback on word choice, style, sentence fragments, use of colloquialisms, paragraphing, transitions, footnotes, use of charts or graphs, etc. This may require some rewriting of your sentences. Advanced editing is particularly appropriate for non-native writers of English.
Specialized Project Rates:
Manuscript assessments, thesis chapters, novels, journal articles, etc. We meet your unique needs, especially around coherency and argument, for writers who desire support through the development and revision stages of their project. Project rates are also appropriate for writers who would like on-going support to enhance their writing skills over time.
* If you are not sure which rate is best for you, include a 500 word sample of your writing (pasted into the body of the email, NOT as an attachment.)